|#20 Virginia Tech @ #19 Florida State, 7 PM CT on ESPN.|
|#20 Virginia Tech at #19 Florida State||7:00 pm||ESPN|
|The dean of college football, Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz, won his 144th|
game for the Hawkeyes, as first year player and now special teams coach
LeVar Woods celebrate, at the end of the Iowa-Northern Illinois game on
Saturday, at Kinnick Stadium. The Hawkeyes turn their focus to in-state rival,
Iowa State, as the Cy-Hawk game kicks off on Saturday in Iowa City.
- Alabama (1-0) (2) - we push the Crimson Tide back into the #1 slot, after a 51-14 win over Louisville (0-1) by the defending national champions in Orlando. Week 2 - vs. Arkansas State (1-0) Red Wolves, who won over SE Missouri in the season opener.
- Clemson (1-0) (1) - the Tigers fall back, after a 48-7 win over Furman (0-1) to kick off the 2018 season. Week 2 - @ Texas A&M (1-0), as the Aggies opened with a 59-7 win over Northwestern State in College Station.
- Georgia (1-0) (3) - the Bulldogs opened 2018 with a 45-0 win over Austin Peay (0-1) on Saturday. Week 2 - @ #28 South Carolina (1-0), where Bulldogs take a three game win streak in this series into the 2018 game
- Oklahoma (1-0) (4) - the Sooners rolled then #25 FAU (0-1) 63-14 to kickoff 2018. Week 2 - vs. UCLA (0-1), as the Chip Kelly era opened at home to a 26-17 loss to Cincinnati (0-1).
- Auburn (1-0) (6) - the Tigers took down then #5 Washington (0-1) 21-16 in Atlanta on Saturday. Week 2 - vs. Alabama State (1-0), as this is the first meeting between FBS and FCS schools from the same state.
- Ohio State (1-0) (7) - the Buckeyes won 77-31 over Oregon State (0-1) in Columbus on Saturday, as interim coach Ryan Day lead the squad. Week 2 - vs. Rutgers (1-0), as the Big Ten opener squares off against the Scarlet Knights, who won their opener 35-7 over Texas State (0-1). Ohio State took down Rutgers 56-0 last year, so Week 2 may not be much different than Week 1.
- Wisconsin (1-0) (8) - the Badgers won 34-3 against Western Kentucky (0-1) on Friday night. Week 2 - vs. New Mexico (1-0), in the first meeting, as the Badgers have won 40 straight home non-conference games by an average of over 27 points per game.
- Washington (0-1) (5) - the Huskies drop opener 21-16 to then #6 Auburn (1-0) in Atlanta, so the margin of error for the College Football Playoff gets slim for the favorite in the Pac 12. Week 2 - vs. North Dakota (1-0), in the first meeting between these schools. The Huskies are 27-5 in home openers.
- Stanford (1-0) (12) - the Cardinal beat then #45 San Diego State (0-1) by the score of 31-10 to avenge last year's 20-17 loss to the Aztecs. Week 2 - vs. #14 USC (1-0), another payback game for the Cardinal ... last year's 42-24 loss on road against the Trojans!
- Notre Dame (1-0) (13) - the Fighting Irish defeated Michigan 24-17 in South Bend to open 2018 on Saturday night. Week 2 - vs. Ball State (1-0), first meeting ever between the two schools located in Indiana.
- Michigan State (1-0) (9) - the Spartans were tested in the season opener on Friday night, but pulled out a 38-31 win over Utah State (0-1). Week 2 - @ Arizona State (1-0), as the Sun Devils opened up the Herm Edwards era, with a 49-7 win over UTSA (0-1). A battle in the desert that typically has favored the local Pac 12 school ....
- Penn State (1-0) (10) - the Nittany Lions had to scramble back and force OT, as PSU beat Appalachian State 45-37 in Happy Valley on Saturday. Week 2 - @ Pittsburgh (1-0), a game that went to the Panthers 42-39 two years ago.
- LSU (1-0) (17) - the Tigers took out then #11 Miami-FL (0-1) 33-17 in Arlington on Saturday to win in Week 1. Week 2 - vs. Southeast Louisiana (0-1), as the Lions lost 34-31 @ Louisiana Monroe (0-1).
- USC (1-0) (15) - the Trojans beat UNLV (0-1) 43-21 on Saturday. Week 2 - @ #9 Stanford (1-0), as the series opens in Week 2 again this season.
- UCF (1-0, 1-0 AAC) (23) - the Knights won @ UConn (0-1) 56-17 on Thursday night and we will bump the undefeated 2017 program, since they did finished 13-0 last year and new coach Josh Heupel has the offense rolling already. Week 2 - vs. South Carolina State (0-1), as UCF won in the 2016 season opener 38-0 over the Bulldogs.
- TCU (1-0) (16) - the Horned Frogs pounded Southern (0-1) 55-7 in the season opener on Saturday. Week 2 - @ SMU (0-1), as the former SWC schools square off for their annual showdown on Friday night. The Mustangs lost 46-23 @ North Texas (1-0) in the AAC vs. C-USA showdown.
- Northwestern (1-0) (35) - the Wildcats opened Thursday night in the Big Ten @ then #36 Purdue, pulling off a 31-27 win for last year's #17 team. Boost them back up. Week 2 - vs. Duke (1-0), who beat the Wildcats 41-17 in Durham, as this year's game returns to Evanston, where Northwestern won 24-13 in 2016.
- Mississippi State (1-0) (18) - the Bulldogs won 66-3 over Stephen F Austin (0-1) to kickoff 2018. Week 2 - @ Kansas State (1-0), who struggled in the season opener against South Dakota (0-1) 27-24, as Coyotes miss a tying FG late.
- Florida State (0-0) (19) - the Seminoles host #20 Virginia Tech to close out Week 1. Week 2 - vs. Samford (1-0), as the Seminoles have hosted at least one FCS program the past ten seasons.
- Virginia Tech (0-0) (20) - the Hokies travel to Tallahassee to open 2018 @ #19 Florida State tonight. Week 2 - vs. William & Mary (1-0), as the Hokies square off in the 64th meeting in this series.
- Boise State (1-0) (21) - the Broncos opened 2018 with a win @ then #40 Troy (0-1) 56-20. Week 2 - vs. UConn (0-1), as the Broncos return home, before a Week 3 road trip to P5 Okie State.
- Oklahoma State (1-0) (22) - the Cowboys won 58-17 over Missouri State (0-1) to kickoff 2018. Week 2 - vs. South Alabama (0-1), who lost home opener against LA Tech (1-0) 30-26, as they fall in back to back years against the Bulldogs.
- West Virginia (1-0) (27) - the Mountaineers beat Tennessee (0-1) in Charlotte 40-14 on Saturday to kickoff 2018. Week 2 - vs. Youngstown State (0-1), as WVU looks to win their 15th straight home opener and eighth under coach Dana Holgorsen.
- Iowa (1-0) (24) - the Hawkeyes opened 2018 with the 144th win under Kirk Ferentz, as he opened his 20th season, as head coach and past Hayden Fry in all-time win in a 33-7 win over Northern Illinois (0-1). Week 2 - vs. #31 Iowa State (0-0), as the Cyclones come to Kinnick Stadium for the annual Cy-Hawk trophy game. The Hawkeyes pulled out a 44-41 OT win last year in Ames. Twenty years ago, the Cyclones ended a 15 game losing streak to end the 20 year reign of Fry in the State of Iowa, back in 1998.
- Miami-FL (0-1) (11) - the Hurricane lost 33-17 to then #17 LSU (1-0) in Arlington on Sunday. Mark Richt has struggled in big games, dating back to his 15 seasons at UGA. Week 2 - vs. Savannah State (0-1), as Tigers were pounded 52-0 by UAB (1-0).
- Michigan (0-1) (14) - the Wolverines debuted new QB Shea Patterson, but they fell short chasing then #13 Notre Dame, in a 24-17 loss in South Bend on Saturday night. Week 2 - vs. Western Michigan (0-1), as the Wolverines have won 25 of last 28 home openers.
- Oregon (1-0) (29) - the Ducks opened the 2018 season with a 58-24 win over Bowling Green (0-1) Week 2 - vs. Portland State (0-1), as the Ducks continue a non-P5 non conference slate, ahead of hosting #9 Stanford in the Pac 12 opener in Week 4.
- South Carolina (1-0) (28) - the Gamecocks win opener 49-15 over Coastal Carolina (0-1) in the season opener. Week 2 - vs. #3 Georgia (1-0), as the Bulldogs seek to win their first SEC home opener, since 2013 over Vanderbilt.
- Texas A&M (1-0) (NR) - the Aggies won 59-7 over Northwestern State, after being left off inadvertently from our preseason ratings. Week 2 - vs. #2 Clemson (1-0), as new HC Jimbo Fisher wins his debut, just in time for the first showdown. He is 4-4 vs. Clemson, while he was at Florida State.
- North Carolina State (1-0) (30) - the Wolfpack won 24-13 over James Madison (0-1) to kickoff 2018. Week 2 - vs. Georgia State (0-1), who were ruffed up by then #8 Wisconsin (1-0) in the road opener.
- Iowa State (0-0) (31) - the Cyclones, like the Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0), both witnessed each season openers get called for thunderstorms on Saturday night in the Heartland. Week 2 - @ #24 Iowa (1-0), while the Cornhuskers host Colorado (1-0) in Lincoln. Can a Dec 1st twelve game be arranged between these former Big 8/12 opponents to make up the season opening cancellation?
- Boston College (1-0) (32) - the Eagles beat UMass (1-1) 55-21 to kickoff 2018 with a victory. Week 2 - vs. Holy Cross (0-1), as Eagles enjoy back to back home games, before a Week 3 Thursday night ACC road opener @ Wake Forest (1-0).
- Utah (1-0) (33) - the Utes beat Weber State (0-1) 41-10 to kickoff 2018. Week 2 - @ Northern Illinois (0-1), who are looking to rebound after a disappointing 33-7 loss @ #24 Iowa.
- Washington State (1-0) - the Cougars opened 2018 with a road win @ Wyoming (1-1) 41-19. Week 2 - vs. San Jose State (0-1), first meeting, since 1996. Cougars have dropped three of last four home openers under Mike Leach.
- Ole Miss (1-0) (NR) - the Rebels opened the 2018 season with a 47-27 win over Texas Tech (0-1) in Houston on Saturday. Week 2 - vs. Southern Illinois (1-0), in their third meeting, ahead of the SEC home opener in Week 3 against the defending national champions.
- Kansas State (1-0) (34) - The Wildcats pulled out a narrow win over North Dakota (0-1) 27-24 to open 2018. Week 2 - vs. #18 Mississippi State (1-0), as the Wildcats host a Top 25 SEC team for the first time in Manhattan, since the 2014 Week 3 game against Auburn, which they lost 20-14 in route to a 9-4 season under Bill Snyder.
- BYU (1-0) (NR) - the Cougars won 2018 opener @ then #37 Arizona (0-1) 28-23 on Saturday. The Cougars opened 2016 with a 18-16 win over the Wildcats on the way to a 9-4 season, back in HC Kalani Sitake's first season at the helm in Provo. Week 2 - vs. California (1-0), as the Golden Bears are coming off a 24-17 home season opener against North Carolina (0-1).
- Houston (1-0) (38) - the Cougars won 2018 season opener @ Rice (1-1) 45-27. Week 2 - vs. Arizona (0-1), as the Wildcats fell short in new HC Kevin Sumlin's debut 28-23 against BYU (1-0).
- Memphis (1-0) (39) - the Tigers beat Mercer (0-1) 66-14 to open the 2018 season. Week 2 - @ Navy (0-1), as the Midshipmen fall 59-41 in the season opener @ Hawaii (2-0).
- Kentucky (1-0) (42) - the Wildcats won the 2018 opener 35-20 over Central Michigan (0-1). Week 2 - @ #41 Florida (1-0), who opened the Dan Mullen era, with a 53-6 win over Charleston Southern (0-1). The Wildcats pulled off the home win 28-27 last season over the Gators.
Game watch in Week 2 outside the Top 40
- Georgia Tech (1-0) @ USF (1-0) - winner is good candidate for Top 40 ... USF ended 2017 at #21 in both major polls.
- Colorado (1-0) @ Nebraska (0-0) - in many ways it is fitting the Scott Frost debut will now come against former conference mate, the Buffaloes, as the two teams kickoff at 2:30 pm CT in Lincoln on Saturday. Both programs were sub-.500 in 2017.
|Nebraska head coach Scott Frost saw his team rained out on Saturday. His first|
official debut will now come Saturday in Lincoln against Colorado (1-0).