Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 25, 2009 - One Week from Super Bowl XLIII


Leaving church this morning, I visited briefly with a women, who like me was heading out to her car... I commented about the weather and said hello, her initial response was...

"What are we going to do with no football?"

So, I asked her who she was rooting for for the Super Bowl? She said, "I am University of Northern Iowa graduate." We didn't' have to say anymore about that one.

I have always enjoyed the Pittsburgh Steelers back during the 1970s and early 1980s under coach Chuck Noll. But, as a Cedar Rapidian and Iowan, I have to go with the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII (that's 43, if you don't know your Roman numerals). After all, Arizona starting QB Kurt Warner is a native of Iowa, a Cedar Rapids Regis graduate (now a middle school) and one-year starter for the University of Northern Iowa Panthers (now home of my oldest).div>

What are we going to do with no football?

I'll leave that for another day, since we have college football signing day approaching in early February. And, we still have the game of the year in professional football next Sunday. Let's welcome in Super Bowl XLIII week tomorrow.

Today, I'll relax with some classical music and the arts tonight.

peace

No comments: