The University of Iowa will face some outstanding players during the 2010 season. Iowa faces eight Big Ten opponents, including Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, @ Northwestern, Michigan State, @ Michigan, @ Minnesota and @ Indiana. Iowa also will travel to Arizona in the OOC, along with hosting OOC opponents Iowa State, Ball State and Eastern Illinois at Kinnick Stadium for the 2010 season.
Top opponent players by position in 2010, likely to face Iowa:
While the Iowa defense is on the field, watch for:
- QB - Ohio State junior Terrelle Pryor and Arizona junior Nick Foles
- RB - Penn State senior Evan Royster (pictured), Wisconsin junior John Clay, Arizona senior Nic Grisgby, Iowa State senior Alexander Robinson and Ball State senior MiQuale Lewis
- FB - Penn State junior Joe Suhey
- WR - Ohio State junior DeVier Polsey, Wisconsin junior Nick Toon and Arizona junior Juron Criner
- WR - Penn State junior Derek Moye, Indiana juniors Tandon Doss and Damerio Belcher (note Iowa fans, Belcher is a 6-5 IU receiver)
- TE - Wisconsin senior Lance Kendricks, Michigan State senior Charlie Gantt, Northwestern junior Drake Dunsmore and Arizona junior A.J. Simmons
- LT- Wisconsin senior Gabe Carimi, Ohio State junior Mike Adams, Northwestern junior Al Netter, Arizona senior Adam Grant and Iowa State junior Kelechi Osemele
- LG- Ohio State senior Justin Boren, and Ball State senior Michael Switzer
- C- Arizona senior Colin Baxter, Iowa State senior Ben Lamaak, Ohio State junior Mike Brewster, Wisconsin senior John Moffitt and Michigan junior David Molk are the top names
- RG- Penn State senior Stefen Wisniewski and Ohio State senior Bryant Browning
- RT - Wisconsin junior Josh Ogelsby and Ohio State junior J.B. Schugarts
While the Iowa offense is on the field, watch for:
- DE - Ohio State senior Cameron Hayward, Penn State junior Jack Crawford and Michigan junior Ryan Van Bergen
- DT - Michigan State sophomore Jerel Worthy, Michigan junior Mike Martin and Arizona sophomore Willie Mobley
- DT- Penn State senior Ollie Ogbu, Ohio State senior Dexter Larimore and Indiana sophomore Larry Black
- DE- Arizona senior Ricky Elmore, Wisconson junior J.J. Watt, Northwestern junior Vince Browne, Oho State junior Nathan Williams and Ball State Robert Eddins
- OLB - Ohio State senior Ross Homan, Northwestern senior Quentin Davie, Michigan State senior Eric Gordon and Penn State senior Bani Gbadyu
- ILB - Michigan State senior Greg Jones, Ohio State junior Elienne Sabino and Northwestern Nate Williams
- ILB - Ohio State senior Brian Rolle, Michigan senior Obi Ezeh and Wisconsin senior Culmer St. Jean
- CB - Arizona junior Trevin Wade, Northwestern junior Jordon Mabin, Iowa State junior Leonard Johnson and Penn State junior D'Anton Lynn
- SS - Arizona junior Robert Golden, Iowa State senior David Sims, Wisconsin senior Jay Valai and Penn State junior Nick Sukay
- FS - Ohio State senior Jermale Hines, Wisconsin junior Aaron Henry and Minnesota senior Kim Royston
- CB - Ohio State senior Chimdi Cheskwa, Michigan State senior Chris Rucker and Wisconsin junior Devin Smith
One can't forget the importance of special teams:
- PK - Northwestern senior Stefan Demos, Wisconsin junior Philip Welsch and Ball State senior Ian McGarvey. Iowa returns senior Daniel Murray and sophomore Trent Mossbrucker, who redshirted in '09, but kicked as a true freshman in '08.
- PT - Michigan State senior Aaron Bates, Wisconsin junior Brad Nortman, Indiana junior Chris Hagerup and Arizona senior Keenyn Crier. Iowa returns senior Ryan Donahue, who may be the nation's top punter in 2010.
- KR - Michigan State junior Keshawn Martin, Michigan junior Darryl Stonum, Minnesota junior Troy Stoudermire and Ball State's Eric Williams. Iowa returns senior Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, who had a 99 yard KOR at Ohio State in '09.
- PR - Arizona junior William Wright, Michigan State junior Keshawn Martin and Wisconsin senior David Gilreath. Iowa returns senior Colin Sandeman for 2010.