Omaha was special location to celebrate Thanksgiving for a gathering of twenty friends and family. It was a mix of Cornhuskers, with Hawkeye fans. Several will be at today's game rooting for Big Red.
Which team will show up? An equal question for each fan base heading into the 11 a.m. showdown in Lincoln on ABC Sports. Both teams will not represent the Legends in the first Big Ten title game. A record of 4-3 wasn't worthy of a division title in 2011. The winner today will finish with a 5-3 Big Ten record.
Keys to Iowa-Nebraska game in Lincoln:
1. Which quarterback does a better job of game management, Vandenberg or Martinez?
2. Which defense gets off the field better on third down?
3. Which offense establishes the run better?
4. Who opens up the game and has more big plays?
5. Nebraska is a 9.5 home favorite, so Iowa needs to play a clean game, from a turnover, penalties and miscue prospective.
6. Special teams and the game of field position will be key.
7. Ultimately, this game will come down to physical line play and who consistently wins the battle in the line of scrimmage.
Iowa needs to score points and finish drives. Typically, Nebraska scores 42 points in Lincoln over Iowa, as 1982 and 2000. Last three wins in series, Nebraska has scored 42. Iowa has been dominated, but won in 1981 in Iowa City.
This series us now a conference game. Which team will show up in Lincoln for either side?
Iowa rolls 34-17 as Hawkeyes win all the phases of game. Cornhusker fans look to tar and feather coach Bo Pelini and his staff, after Year 1 in Big Ten.