The Big Ten Conference is enjoying the 120th season of College Football, as three programs enter the day among the undefeated among Power 5 teams. Two of the three programs are idle, with a bye week, as the #10 Iowa Hawkeyes (7-0) seek to go 8-0 for the second time in program history.
- #1 Ohio State (8-0, 4-0 B1G West) - bye week, before home date with Minnesota
- #6 Michigan State (8-0. 4-0 B1G West) - bye week, before road date @ Nebraska
|The Hawkeyes seek to remain undefeated ahead of the first College Football Playoff|
Ratings on Tuesday. Clearly, Ohio State and Michigan State are safely going to open
undefeated. Can Iowa make it three for the Big Ten?
- Maryland (0-3 B1G East) at #10 Iowa (3-0 B1G West) 2:30 pm on ESPN2 / ABC / espn3
|Illinois @ Penn State, pregame warm ups in Happy Valley.|
- Illinois (4-3, 1-2 B1G West) at Penn State (6-2, 3-1 B1G East) 11:00 am on ESPN2
|Purdue junior SS #3 Leroy Clark needs to lead the defense, as the|
Boilermakers cannot afford the Huskers running the game up into the 30-40
range for the third straight season against Hazell's Black & Gold.
- Nebraska (1-3 B1G West) at Purdue (0-3 B1G West) 11:00 am on ESPNU
|The Badgers are known for the running game and play in the offensive line.|
This year, they have had to lean on pass blocking and using the pass in Paul
Chryst's first season at the helm. Pictured is redshirt freshman RG Michael Deiter.
- Rutgers (1-3 B1G East) at Wisconsin (6-2, 3-1 B1G West) 11:00 am on BTN
|The Battle for the Little Brown Jug in the Big Ten.|
- #15 Michigan (5-2, 2-1 B1G East) at Minnesota (4-3, 1-2 B1G West) 6:00 pm on ESPN / espn3
The Wolverines have won every game @ Minnesota, since 1977, but the Golden Gophers took care of business last year in Ann Arbor, as well as back in 1986, in Jim Harbaugh's final game in the series, as a player. It has been an emotion week for the Golden Gophers, when it was announced coach Jerry Kill was retiring immediately, due to health reasons. Kill's long-term defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys steps into the interim role again, this time permanently for the 2015 season. Last year, Michigan QB Jake Rudock struggled as the Golden Gophers rolled his former Hawkeye team. It is the Battle for the Little Brown Jug, with both teams coming off a bye week.
- Northwestern (6-2, 2-2 B1G West) - The Wildcats fell @ Michigan and vs. Iowa, but have won back to back B1G games before their bye week. They will host back to back games against Penn State and Purdue in November, before closing out B1G @ Wisconsin and vs. Illinois in Soldier Field.
- Indiana (4-4, 0-4 B1G East) - After four straight wins in the non-conference, the Hoosier have fallen in four B1G games. They enjoy a bye week, ahead of hosting Iowa to kickoff the final four weeks of B1G play in November.