Yesterday, the Big Ten Network was talking about a Big Ten team going 13-0 on the season, but not reaching the College Football Playoff. Wow, an 12-1 Big Ten team made it last year, so how far has the Big Ten fallen? Four Big Ten teams are in the Top 25 AP poll.
|#10 Iowa was 8-0 last in 2009. The Hawkeyes faced a 9th game|
against Indiana, like they do this year, in 2015. Of course, in
2009, the #7 Hawkeyes defeated IU 42-24 in Iowa City.
November has arrived and the games getting bigger and bigger each week on the road to a conference title and determination of the 2nd annual College Football Playoff.
- Illinois (1-3 B1G West) at Purdue (1-3 B1G West) 11:00 am on BTN
The Fighting Illini (4-4, overall) are tied with Purdue and Minnesota for fourth place in the Big Ten West. After winning the B1G opener 14-13 over Nebraska, the Illini have lost three straight, while Purdue is coming off a B1G 55-45 home win against the Cornhuskers. Who keeps from falling deeper in the the bottom of the division?
- Not a Big Ten Game: #8 Notre Dame at Pittsburgh 11:00 am on ABC - Former MSU DC Pat Narduzzi is in his first year as head coach. The Spartans won 31-14 over the Fighting Irish back in 2007, when he was a first year DC in East Lansing. Can he pull it off again now in Pittsburgh?
- Penn State (4-1 B1G East) at Northwestern (2-2 B1G West) 11:00 am on ESPNU
- FCS spotlight: Illinois State at South Dakota State 2:00 pm on ESPN Extra / espn3
- Iowa (4-0 B1G West) at Indiana (0-4 B1G East) 2:30 pm on ESPN
The Hawkeyes (8-0, overall) have a lot on the line on the road, heading to Bloomington to play the Hoosiers (4-4, overall). Who rises up and takes care of business in the moment? So far, Iowa has been king in the fourth quarter, where Indiana has struggled and lost four straight! Our Pick: Iowa 31, IU 17 ... similar to the Week 2 game for the Hawkeyes, on the road!
- Rutgers (1-4 B1G East) at #16 Michigan (3-1 B1G East) 2:30 am on BTN
The Wolverines (6-2, overall) should take care of business over the Scarlet Knights (3-5, overall) to keep their Big Ten title hopes alive in Jim Harbaugh's first season at the helm, in Ann Arbor.
- Wisconsin (3-1 B1G East) at Maryland (0-4 B1G West) 2:30 pm on BTN
This could be an interesting Homecoming Game for the Terrapins, as the defending West champions roll into College Park. The Badgers (7-2, overall) opened Big Ten play with an opening loss for the second straight season. East vs. West III for the Day!
- Big 12 Spotlight: Iowa State at Oklahoma 6:00 pm on ESPNU
- Michigan State at Nebraska 6:00 pm on ESPN / espn3 Skycam
- SEC Spotlight: LSU at Alabama 7:00 pm on CBS
- Minnesota at Ohio State 7:00 pm on ABC / espn3
- Pac 12 Spotlight: Arizona at USC 9:30 pm on ESPN