|Iowa Football 2015 vs. 2014|
It will be determined soon enough, but rankings right now are likely going to shift, with teams falling and rising!
What about the Big Ten at this venture?
- Ohio State (9-0, 5-0 B1G East) - the defending champions keep winning in Year 4 under coach Urban Meyer. He has won 29 straight regular season conference games, which ties a record with the ACC (Florida State was 29-0 from 1992-95).
- Iowa (9-0, 5-0 B1G West) - the Hawkeyes are in the 17th season, under Kirk Ferentz and they are 9-0 for only the second time
- Wisconsin (8-2, 5-1 B1G West) - Could the Badgers beat the Spartans or Wolverines right now? They will have a bye week to dare to dream! Next up: vs. Northwestern.
- Michigan State (8-1, 4-1 B1G East) - the Spartans finally fall for the first time in 2015, as they tumble in Lincoln. The Spartans still control their future, since they have Maryland, @ Ohio State and Penn State ahead to close out the regular season in November.
- Michigan (7-2, 4-1 B1G East) - the Wolverines need some more help with the Spartans, but they can win out, they can make the Big Ten title game, in year 1, under Jim Harbaugh, if they play an undefeated team down south?
- Northwestern (7-2, 3-2 B1G West) - the Wildcats take care of business off a bye week, with a B1G win over the Nittany Lions and overcome some woes in the kicking game, with an under minute field goal ... as Purdue comes to Evanston.
- Penn State (7-3, 4-2 B1G East) - a disappointing loss 23-21 @ Northwestern on Saturday, as the Nittany Lions enter a bye week, in year 2 under coach James Franklin. Franklin is now 0-3 vs. Northwestern, dating back to his final season at Vandy.
- Illinois (5-4, 2-3 B1G West) - the Fighting Illini are one game away from another bowl season, as interim coach Bill Cubit awaits the biggest game of the season, as Ohio State comes to Champaign on Saturday ...
- Nebraska (4-6, 2-4 B1G West) - the Cornhuskers pull off the last minute game, coming from a 12 point deficit to beat Michigan State in Lincoln 39-38 to help Mike Riley bounce back in year 1 of a new era ...
- Rutgers (3-6, 1-5 B1G East) - the Scarlet Knights host the Cornhuskers on Saturday, before heading out of the non-conference for a November game @ Army.
- Indiana (4-5, 0-5 B1G East) - the Hoosiers opened undefeated in non-conference play, but the conference has been another story. They still can win a bowl bid with Michigan, @ Maryland and @ Purdue to close out the 2015 College Football season.
- Minnesota (4-5, 1-4 B1G West) - the Golden Gophers have been eliminated from the B1G West after falling back to back games vs. Michigan and @ Ohio State. They bring Floyd of Rosedale down to Iowa City for a B1G, rare night game in November at Kinnick ...
- Maryland (2-7, 0-5 B1G West) - The Terrapins have an opportunity to move up with @ MSU, vs. IU and @ Rutgers to finish up final three games in the B1G East.
- Purdue (2-7, 1-4 B1G West) - last year it was one win season for the Boilermakers in the B1G. It appears that the cellar may be the future dwelling position, as third year coach Darrell Hazell flops, after first win in conference.
|Flashback: Iowa's win over Minnesota in 2012. Last game played in Iowa City,|
Hawkeyes took down the Golden Gophers 31-13 on Homecoming. It was the first
year under new OC Greg Davis and DC Phil Parker. Iowa is 9-0 coming into this game.