Ohio State is taking it on the chin with the 35-3 loss to USC and after back to back losses in the BCS Title game the past two seasons. But, until Wisconsin beats Ohio State in the Big Ten, I can't take Ohio State down too far down. Would anyone beat USC right now at the Coliseum?
Don't discount Ohio State too much for three quality losses. The Buckeyes are well coached and have plenty of talent. They are certainly the team to beat in '08.
Rating the Big Ten through Week 3 - opponent this week
- Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1 overall, 0-0 conference) - vs. Troy
- Penn State Nittany Lions (3-0, 0-0) - vs. Temple
- Wisconsin Badgers (3-0, 0-0) - idle, open the Big Ten Sept. 27th
- Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0, 0-0) - at Pittsburgh
- Illinois Fighting Illini (2-1, 0-0) - idle, open the Big Ten Sept. 27th
- Michigan State Spartans (2-1, 0-0) - vs. Notre Dame
- Northwestern Wildcats (3-0, 0-0) - vs. Ohio U.
- Purdue Boilermakers (1-1, 0-0) - vs. Central Michigan
- Michigan Wolverines (1-2, 0-0) - idle, open the Big Ten Sept. 27th
- Indiana Hoosiers (2-0, 0-0) - vs. Ball State
- Minnesota Gophers (3-0, 0-0) - vs. Florida Atlantic