I like Ohio State, but they must earn it on the field and the performance vs. Ohio U. in Week 2 does matter.
USC didn't play this weekend. They are consistent as anyone, since 2002.
Georgia is a fine program, but they have never played in a BCS Title Game.
Here's my Top 25, after Week 2 of the 2008 college football season:
- USC Trojans (1-0) - Face #2 Ohio State in Los Angeles this week... week 3!
- Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) - Many questions on the field heading to California!
- Georgia Bulldogs (2-0) - Is this the year for coach Mark Richt and the Bulldogs?
- Florida Gators (2-0) - Recent history makes the Gators a popular choice.
- Oklahoma Sooners (2-0) - Does coach Bob Stoops get his Mojo right for a title game in '08?
- Auburn Tigers (2-0) - The SEC sleeper for '08, though is it realistic to call the Tigers one?
- Texas Longhorns (2-0) - Some have written off the Longhorns as a strong '08 team...
- LSU Tigers (1-0) - Hurriane Gustov postponed the Tigers week 2 game with Troy (1-0).
- Missouri Tigers (2-0) - wow, three Tigers programs are in the Top 10... Missouri going for two straight in Big 12 North, after first title in '07.
- Oregon Ducks (2-0, 1-0 Pac 10) - Coach Mike Bellotti is always dangerous if he gets strong QB play!
- Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0) - Is coach Nick Saban's team ready for the Top 10 this quick?
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-0) - Last second FG secures win over 'ole Miss (1-1) 30-28.
- Brigham Young Cougars (2-0) - This 28-27 win over Washington (0-2, 0-1 Pac 10) will be talked about, after Cougars block XP, after Washington's costly celebration after what was to be a game tying touchdown in final seconds of game.
- Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0, 1-0 Pac 10) - Sun Devils pick up nice win over Stanford (1-1, 1-1 Pac 10) to open conference play in week 2 with 41-17 home victory!
- Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) - First of two Big Ten teams looking to make a move after 5th place finish in '07... blows out Oregon State (0-2, 0-1 Pac 10) 45-14 in Happy Valley!
- Utah Utes (2-0, 1-0 MWC) - After big win in opener in Big House, Utes win at home 42-21 over UNLV (1-1, 0-1 MWC) in MWC opener.
- Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) - Coach Bret Bielema has been a hot coach, since his promotion in '06... huge road test this week at #20 Fresno State.
- Texas Tech (2-0) - Will host in-state SMU (1-1, 0-1 C-USA) after 35-19 road win at Nevada (1-1) in week 2.
- Kansas (2-0) - Picks up 23-0 victory over LA Tech (1-1) and will travel to #23 USF this week!
- Fresno State (1-0) - Will host #17 Wisconsin in their home opener this week!
- East Carolina (2-0) - Pirates upset second Top 25 opponent at home in back to back games, vs. Virginia Tech in week 1 and West Virginia in week 2.
- Clemson (1-1) - Beats up on FCS The Citadel (1-1) 45-17 to rebound from the disappointing loss to Alabama in the season opener.
- South Florida (2-0) - Ends the series with the University of Central Florida (1-1) with a 31-24 win.
- Tennessee (0-1) - Will play UAB (0-2) this week after Labor Day disappointment at UCLA 24-27 in OT.
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane (2-0, 1-0 C-USA) - Tulsa wins important road game at North Texas (0-2) 56-26.
Out of the Top 25 after Week 2 - West Virginia (1-1)
Game to Watch this week: Cy-Hawk Series in Iowa City, Iowa: Iowa State Cyclones (2-0) at Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0)... Hawkeyes haven't given up a TD this year and haven't given up a TD to the Cyclones, since '06).
Team to Watch: a team from Iowa, either is 2-0 entering big in-state out of conference game in Week 3.